Monday, April 29, 2013

Introduction


My name is Taylor, I currently attend Henderson State University. My major is Social Sciences and I hope to pursue a career in the education field, teaching high school History. I am currently in my Sophomore year and am on track with my goal. I attended Catholic High School for Boys. The school was a private, college prep school. There were strict hair regulations, no air conditioning, and we were required to wear ties. There are two priests who live there and one Franciscan brother. Then there is Zeke, the German Shepard that lives at the school. Many of the teachers attended the school when they were younger. While I was there I was apart of the Marine Corps JROTC, and participated on the Wrestling team. While I was there the ROTC won the MCROA award three times, being an "Honor School" four times, and National Fitness Team Champions twice. 


I was brought up in an Italian family. I was taught at an early age that family is the most important thing and that no matter what your family would always be there for you. I feel as if I figured out what was truly important to me early on in life. One reason I came to Henderson was because my Godfather and my Godmother lived in town and my cousin attended Henderson. I currently live off campus close to the school and live with a friend of mine who went to Catholic with me. He is in the National Guard and goes to Henderson as well. After my First year I was debating leaving Henderson. That summer my Godfather passed away and I decided I would stay at Henderson so that someone in the family would be close to my Godmother if she ever needed anything. Those are the kind of things you do for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment